Eastham Memorial Hall Rebuild Project 2020.
Please visit New Hall Build Project Page for regular updates and to follow the progress
Eastham Memorial Hall was built to commemorate the brave and selfless men and women of our community who served their country in The Great War of 1914 - 1918.
They are honoured and revered.
They will not be forgotten.
A Brief History
The hall was originally built in February 1922 and was supplied as a 'flat pack' by Boulton and Paul Ltd. of Norwich. It arrived at Newnham Bridge railway station and was then transported by horse-drawn drays to the construction site where it stands to this day.
Originally just a main hall with a Roll of Honour, it has been the focal point of the village since its inception. Used by the Mens Working Club, it had a bar licence and was popular for Whist Drives and Dances.
On 3rd of August 2020 Work started to replace the hall with a new futureproofed hall thanks to the funds received from local donations, pledges, grants and funding from the players of the National Lottery.
It is our Polling Station, a venue for meetings, parties, concerts, suppers, demonstrations, wedding receptions and various other activities.
It is used regularly for monthly Coffee mornings where local community members gather to chat over refreshments. It is also used by the Eastham Garden Club as its base of operations. It hosts Halloween parties, Christmas parties and Anniversary parties.
The hall is available for bookings. Whether your requirement is for a Birthday Party or other celebration, the hall provides excellent facilities, with ample parking for 15 - 20 vehicles.
Visit the Contact page to make an enquiry.
Although constructed to honour those from the first world war, the hall now sits as a memorial to ALL those from the community who have served their country in successive theatres of operations.
Valentines Day gathering in the Memorial Hall. Drinks and a quiz and a convivial evening for all.
Visit by Harriet Baldwin MP and Councillor Caroline Palethorpe on the final days before the demolition and re-developement of the new memorial Hall
AT THE HEART OF THE COMMUNITY AND IN MEMORY OF THE FALLEN TO WHOM WE OWE SO MUCH.